Topic View: Flat | Threaded
garerama
garerama
1151 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 June 2024 CE
Jun 17, 2024, 22:37
Fitter Stoke wrote:
There’s a chill wind blowing in my soul and I think I’m growing old:

Pink Floyd ‘More’ & ‘Obscured By Clouds’ - Floyd’s film music is far less studio-bound and overproduced than their more celebrated work. There’s a directness and charm to these records that brings pure joy to the ears. ‘More’s’ ‘Main Theme’ and ‘Quicksilver’ are pure proto-kosmische music. Waters contributes some fine songs low on pontification. And innit great to hear Dave Gilmour rock out on both albums? (Vinyl junkies note: the current Pink Floyd label pressings are superb);

I love the soundtrack albums. Interestingly they bookended the post Barrett to Pre Dark Side era. At times "More" is my favourite Floyd album - the sum of the whole - just so pastoral and sunny. And "Obscured By Clouds" contains one of my favourite Floyd songs that you have quoted the lyrics from above. They really should give "Zabriskie Point" a proper release - there is enough good material to do a proper album (soniclovenoize recreated one online a few years back). I haven't seen any of the films - scared it would ruin the enjoyment of listening to the albums.

And yes I also agree with you about Da Capo, that is my go to Love album.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index