Re: Coetan Arthur - St.Davids Head
Sep 25, 2012, 20:21
The whole countries one big camp site.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6262 posts

Sep 25, 2012, 20:27
Only if it has hot showers and an electrical socket.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 25, 2012, 20:35
thesweetcheat wrote:
Only if it has hot showers and an electrical socket.

Rain and lightning will have to do then, close but not quite the same.
moss
moss
2899 posts

Sep 26, 2012, 08:00
thesweetcheat wrote:
This really does sound great, not sure "campsite" is a word in G/F's vocabulary though!

It's not too bad as long as it is not raining, but backpacking all your stuff on the coast walk may not make her a happy bunny .....
CARL
511 posts

Re: Essence of TMAers
Sep 26, 2012, 08:06
Hoy is a remote and barren place. When I visited the swirling mists certainly added to the atmosphere even if it did hinder the views!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6262 posts

Sep 26, 2012, 19:43
Probably wouldn't make me a happy bunny either! I like comfort in between spells of cold, wet and leaking.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 26, 2012, 22:06
thesweetcheat wrote:
Probably wouldn't make me a happy bunny either! I like comfort in between spells of cold, wet and leaking.

We once went away with some friends and their kids, us in our campervan and them with car and tent, it was chucking it down, their kids were in our van and they were putting up their tent when i realised that she was crying and heard her say "they've got no money and have a van, and we have money but haven't", i realised at this point that camping wasn't for everyone, i went and got her in our van and thought shall i help my friend finish off but felt the rain and thought sod that and got back in the van, and no word of a lie he finished, went into the tent and came running out in the brightest pinkest dress you've ever seen, he had brought it to make us laugh, it bloody did, even his no longer crying girlfriend was laughing, us vikings don't need much of a reason to get the dresses on [thor loved it, some norse mythlogy people say this was christians trying to blacken his name, this is not true!], i'll always have that image of him running around the slopes of tal y fan in that dress, it looked so wrong but yet so right, they slept on a beach on anglesey the next night and she was happy and then in a beautiful valley and was happy and so on and so on, so the one bad bit she had was followed by happiness and she told everyone she loved it! so you never know! me and a friend use a pop up one, they are great but a little big to carry, the normal ones are easier to carry but harder to put up, but still really easy to put up, it's just that after the pop up ones everything seems to much effort, a little alcohol makes everything a bit better as well.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6262 posts

Sep 26, 2012, 22:21
That's a great story, made me laugh.

There is no way that G/F is going to go camping though, even if I wear a dress and a wig. :oD
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 26, 2012, 22:30
thesweetcheat wrote:
That's a great story, made me laugh.

There is no way that G/F is going to go camping though, even if I wear a dress and a wig. :oD

It could tip the balance though! but ditch the wig, the problem is what balance it does tip!
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2578 posts

Re: Essence of TMAers
Sep 27, 2012, 01:09
CARL wrote:
Hoy is a remote and barren place.

It certainly isn't, but I agree it's a lovely place and worth seeing.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index