"Model Beirut Recital" (1984)

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1251 posts

"Model Beirut Recital" (1984)
Apr 26, 2024, 22:59
John Cale as Mark e. Smith? Hmmm...

A great song regardless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aspAb9hePK0&list=PLEGF5obfOPsTVkyZ3_deZhL9WTWRCbpr9&index=3
HI DEN
HI DEN
818 posts

Re: "Model Beirut Recital" (1984)
May 17, 2024, 21:03
JOHN CALE as Mark E. Smith? Yeah man, I could imagine more far fetched comparisons than that..!

What a great and powerful song indeed! The whole album's pretty cool. Also partial to AI (have actually been listening to those two the past two weeks or so, next will be MUSIC FOR A NEW SOCIETY..!).
HI DEN
HI DEN
818 posts

ALL FALL DOWN
May 29, 2024, 08:47
This track should be currently n.1 globally...

"Something must be done about it, something must be done RIGHT NOW"!!!
The Seth Man
1251 posts

Jun 05, 2024, 14:42
HI DEN wrote:
JOHN CALE as Mark E. Smith? Yeah man, I could imagine more far fetched comparisons than that..!

What a great and powerful song indeed! The whole album's pretty cool. Also partial to AI (have actually been listening to those two the past two weeks or so, next will be MUSIC FOR A NEW SOCIETY..!).

Always thought that album was massively overlooked.

The title song is moving as hell. Always felt it was the "ghost song" of the album.

I was surprised to discover only last year that the drummer, David Lichtenstein, was the son of Roy Lichtenstein, the pop artist. (Small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it)
HI DEN
HI DEN
818 posts

Jul 06, 2024, 07:36
The Seth Man wrote:
HI DEN wrote:

Always thought that album was massively overlooked.

The title song is moving as hell. Always felt it was the "ghost song" of the album.

I was surprised to discover only last year that the drummer, David Lichtenstein, was the son of Roy Lichtenstein, the pop artist. (Small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it)

Yeah, it's a classic album at this point.

"Ghost song" is a good way putting it, as that track indeed has come back haunting me several times after listening the album..!

Small world indeed, good catch! Funnily enough, I've been listening to the two Alan Vega albums concurrently with the Cale's... Just realized!
The Seth Man
1251 posts

John Cale Rockpalast 1984
Jul 07, 2024, 00:03
Mika!
In case if you missed this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EzTxVBr9lk

I started it at "Magazines". But "Model Beirut Recital" follows.

Dave Lichtenstein, man: The guy's ripped like Dolph Lundgren.
Unsung Forum Index