Essence of TMAers

101 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: Essence of TMAers
Sep 23, 2012, 16:55
Well i'll be, the circles around those beautiful mountains are marking a very, very special place indeed as one of the main entrances to the world of the fairy world is reputed to be in llyn y fan fach [ it bubbles ], so is therefore one of the most important places in wales [if not the country or even the world!!!], and when you look at the stone circles around it you start it realise how old that belief was, the last time me and a friend had mushrooms was at nant tarn on 23 june 2009 [ i had been twice before], when they started having an effect, my dog looked at us both and ran, he was found 2 days later 17 miles away so he must have kept on running [ he was spotted just after he left back at the parking though ], after we had been at the circles awhile, we decided to go look for Bannau sir gaer, we got about halfway, but then couldn't stop laughing for about 3 hours, i then realised the sun was about to set, we had nothing with us, just t shirts and shorts, my friend said he was off into the mountains, i said go into the mountains then, i'm off back to the van [ i knew that if i didn't go then, i wouldn't get back to the van at all for darkness ], he then stomped off, and i like an animal i headed back to the van, look my friend had had a lot of problems on lots of levels, he got back to the van at 2.30 in the morning after been guilded by some people with some scouts that were camped in the mountains, a very different man, apart from seeing the people he remembers nothing!!! he no longer has ANY problems and is in a lot of ways a different person, i think he may even be a changling!!! whatever you think, that whole area is a place i know very well and one of the most important places in the whole country, Bannau sir gaer isn't as good a stone circle but beats it's position though don't you think [ if you haven't been, i hope it's on your list ]. Your taste is impeccable sir, if i do say so myself!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index